Jedi Missions

Combined Jedi Missions: Rules, explanations and instructions Signin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Jedi Missions

Combined Jedi Missions: Rules, explanations and instructions Signin

Jedi Missions

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars RPG Saga Edition

Combined Jedi Missions: Rules, explanations and instructions

Grand Master
    Grand Master
    Admin

Character sheet
    Health Points:
    Combined Jedi Missions: Rules, explanations and instructions Left_bar_bleue213/213Combined Jedi Missions: Rules, explanations and instructions Empty_bar_bleue  (213/213)
    Experience Points:
    Combined Jedi Missions: Rules, explanations and instructions Left_bar_bleue76423/78000Combined Jedi Missions: Rules, explanations and instructions Empty_bar_bleue  (76423/78000)
    LOOT BAG:

Combined Jedi Missions: Rules, explanations and instructions Empty Combined Jedi Missions: Rules, explanations and instructions

Post by Grand Master

Hello, I would like to welcome you to a new style game here on the site. In this area all players can play a free flowing game together. Meaning that the game doesn't stop just because a player isn't available or chooses to stop playing.

Basically the back drop will be presented in the first blog. Then when a player wishes to take an action he/she posts a comment like you would normally for your personal game post. The only difference is that all players can see this and respond accordingly.

What happens if a player is to slow or doesn't respond you ask? The game keeps moving. We act as if he/she has had an in game distraction or has been called away for some reason. If a person goes 24 hours w/out responding he/she gets their turn skipped (unless they give the GM an action to do in their absence) If they go 48 hours w/out checking back in or they get skipped two turns in a row they get pulled out of the initiative order as if they had something else take their attention.

Initiative order.

The GM will have the Initiative order placed in the posts. This will tell everyone when you are suppose to go. Please pay attention to this so that the GM is not always telling the group who's turn it is. That will make the game take much longer.

When you make an action, please give full actions. Attack rolls, Damage Rolls, Bonus Dice and Loot dice when needed. Give full explanations in your post. List everything you want to do on your turn. If certain things are contingent on others actions list those too. Also make sure to give your modifiers and bonuses to your rolls in your posts, I do not want to have to keep asking for them. This will streamline the process and everyone will find that the game goes faster.

There will be a constant initiative order. This will give order to who does what action when. You can delay and change when you go if you wish still though. During action sequences (not fighting though) Initiative will be re-rolled every 10 rounds. Initiative will be re-rolled at the beginning of battle sequences however. Meaning that opponents and Heroes will be realigned based off of the battle initiative. This happens no matter what, even if initiative was just established a round earlier. If all agree, the order doesn't have to be reordered every 10 rounds it could stay the same.

When a new player jumps into the game they must roll initiative and they will be placed in the order depending on what they rolled.

If a player steps away for a few days or a few weeks they can come back to the story just as easily as they left. However it is their responsibility to read through the previous posts to catch up. There won't be any refreshers. It makes it easy to do so because everything will be written by the post/comments.

I would suggest that all "watch or Subscribe" to the game blog. It will email you when someone makes a move. This can also speed up the game.

I'll post the story blog soon and all who wish can join in.

If I have any updates to the rules to this new style game I'll update this blog and alert all who are playing. Please post a comment below to confirm that you've read this. You can also add a suggestion here as well.

Thanks, and I hope all enjoy this new style of game play.
    Share this post on: reddit

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:50 pm by LokIII

Are you changing the game plot mechanics much/any?
    Grand Master

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:54 am by Grand Master

Not really, maybe just make it not so detailed. It will stay the same mostly. Ill explain any differences.

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:43 pm by LokIII

Hopefully I don't have to start the phase I'm on over.(I really want the Force Powers)
    Grand Master

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:18 pm by Grand Master

Don't worry about that, I'm going to have some bonuses for those who join the game.
    Grif

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:59 pm by Grif

I think i would like to try it out.

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:23 pm by Vyitharu

So it's similar to a Live Game but with less... liveness.
    Grand Master

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:39 am by Grand Master

Vyitharu wrote:So it's similar to a Live Game but with less... liveness.

Ha ha... Yeah you can put it that way.
    verap'tr

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:41 pm by verap'tr

If it means I can get some creds and kick butt in my special ship (Which is what I need the creds for) then sign me UP!

Post  by Sponsored content